Re: Low Resolution Problem

--- Begin Message ---
David Reynolds wrote:

Ryan Waye wrote:

I have a problem with my XServer(I think). When I installed debian, I used the default "nv" drivers for my video card. This was ok, but it only allowed me to get my resolution up to 800x600. In an attempt to get it up to 1024x768, I installed the "nvidia offical" drivers off of the Nvidia website (not off of apt, is that bad?). This still just allowed me to go to 800x600, and actually looks like it lowered the resoultion. What have I done wrong/what do I need to do?

GeForce3 Ti200
2.6.6-1-k7
KDE

Did you set the driver in /etc/X11/XF86config-4 to be nvidia rather than nv after installing the driver? Took me a while to figure that one out. I believe the nvdia driver taints the kernel, whether or not you consider this bad, is up to you I guess.

Dave

I did set the driver to nvidia from nv, but I don't really care what I use as long as I can hop up the resolution.

--- End Message ---