Apache2 and PHP (Module)

Hi All,

I am using the unstable/testing sources in apt-get so I thought this was the correct place to post this, as I'm new to the Debian lists I apologise if this is completely the wrong place, but I imagine someone here might know :)

Is there any (easy) way of making apache2 work with php (as a module, not as a CGI) ?

I know it's possible (and indeed it works almost perfectly) doing it all from source, but this messes up the apt-get database and things that depend on apache or php dont realise it's installed, also it would break apt-get update updating everything.

If no-one has any ideas, could someone point me in the direction of how to package my own compiled php4 module as a .deb package?

Thanks,
Ross