Re: Upgrade of other packages made mozilla hang on startup

Hello,

Yes I know I'm replying to my own post ...

As far as I can see, some upgrade of some gnome or GTK package has
broken mozilla in the testing distribution.  My evidence for this is
that:

Trying to run mozilla as a normal user makes /tmp fill up with empty

/tmp/orbit-username-8digithex

directories, that are ALL dated January 1st 1970.  Does anyone know
what package is responsible so that I can remove it???  I didn't think
that unpriviledged processes could do this.

Running mozilla as root makes a single

/tmp/orbit-root

directory which is correctly dated.

This problem doesn't happen on my other Debian machine (testing
distribution on powerpc, which has less gnome/GTK stuff on it.  But
I've never installed any such packages on the machine where mozilla is
broken, except where packages I use have depended on them.

Still grateful for any ideas about what has gone wrong ...

Toby.