Problem with apache in testing

This morning I noticed that my apache server wasn't working, and wasn't able to start. `apache` was exiting immediately with a 0 return value, and `apache -X` was doing a segfault. Under gdb, I noticed that the segfault happened in strcmp() in libc6. Unfortunately, my gdb experiment is not good enough to be able to debug apache properly, so I can't tell exactly what happened. The crash happened after my daily logrotate... and how I fixed the problem is by removing all "ErrorLog" directive in all my <VirtualHost> in my apache config. That's the most precise I can be on this problem.

My version of apache is: 1.3.29.0.1-3
libc6=2.3.2.ds1-11

Kernel is 2.4.18-686-ipsec (using the same config as 2.4.18-686 kernel package, but patched by myself for ipsec).

On another server, I'm running same versions of apache and libc6, and the config is built the same way and I don't have this problem with it.... the only difference is that I have kernel  2.6.0-1-686-smp here, using libc6-686.

I'm sorry for this long message, but if somebody can give me some clue to debug apache using gdb (or something else), or even know the cause of the problem.. please send me a message.

Thanks
Louis-David Perron