Unidentified subject!

Hi all,

Some while back, Jose Manuel wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my Potato r6 to Woody but when I make
> "apt-get --fix-broken dist-upgrade"  this is the result:

> E: Internal Error, Couldn't configure a pre-depend

> As the release notes say, i upgraded first apt, dpkg and debconf but the
> result is the same. I also had try apt-get -o APT::ForceBreak=1
> dist-upgrade.

> Apt doesn't tell me what packages dependencies conflicts.
> ¿Anyone can help me ?

Probably not, as I have exactly the same problem. Were you using CDs or
the network? I have found this error occurs with CDs, but not with the
network -- my laptop upgraded to Woody fine.

Over in debian-cd, the same issue came up. The only suggestion made was
this:

> When I ran "apt-get --simulate install dpkg apt debconf" it showed
> problem packages in square brackets after packages it was
> "installing".  Using this information, and stumbling around for
> awhile, I finally found that running "apt-get remove libdb2" began a
> rather extensive upgrade process that fixed things so I could continue
> with the first step of "apt-get dpkg apt debconf" as before.

I tried that and it didn't work in my case.

Does anyone else know how to get the potato->woody upgrade to work from
CDs?

Hugh

P.S. No, upgrading over the network is not an option. The box in question
lives too far away from it, unlike the box at work with the CD burner!

============S=u=p=p=o=r=t===D=e=b=i=a=n===http://www.debian.org============
Dr. Hugh C. Pumphrey             | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-650-5780
Institute for Meteorology        | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside UK
The University of Edinburgh      | Email hcp@met.ed.ac.uk
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland      | URL: http://www.met.ed.ac.uk/~hcp
============S=u=p=p=o=r=t==g=9=5==http://g95.sourceforge.net/==============