Re: balsa missing from Woody?

X LAci wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A couple of days ago I reinstalled Debian Woody, and it turns out there is no installable balsa package right now:

It comes with unsatisfiable dependencies:

balsa       stable    0.6.0-1.1   alpha, arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
balsa       unstable  1.2.3-2     alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

     * balsa (- to 1.2.3-2)
          + Maintainer: Jules Bean
          + 23 days old (needed 5 days)
          + balsa/hppa unsatisfiable Depends: gnome-pim []
          + balsa/ia64 unsatisfiable Depends: gnome-pim ['gnome-pim']
          + balsa/mips unsatisfiable Depends: gnome-pim ['gnome-pim']
          + balsa/mipsel unsatisfiable Depends: gnome-pim ['gnome-pim']
          + balsa/s390 unsatisfiable Depends: gnome-pim ['gnome-pim']
          + Valid candidate
          + Depends: balsa gnome-pim

gnome-pim is available in testing, though:

gnome-pim   stable    1.0.55-4    alpha, arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
gnome-pim   testing   1.4.0-9     alpha, arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
gnome-pim   unstable  1.4.3-3     alpha, arm, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

Hmm.  Assuming, those two dozen depends of balsa are fine, the
non-versioned dependency is fine at least.  I guess that Anthony
has to reveal the truth.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.