Starting X without the -nolisten tcp option?

Hi,

I thought removing the "-nolisten tcp" option in the file
/etc/X11/xinit/xservrrc would be enough to have my Woody machines
allow me to use X apps across my little home network.

But, no, gdm.conf has a [server-Standard] command that explicitly
starts the X server. I have to modify that file too when using gdm.
I noticed the kdm config files have a similar setting....

Is this a bug? Or is it documented somewhere and I should have found
it?

Cheers!
Shyamal