Galeon/Mozilla Java Plugin Problems (woody)

On one system I have potato and the ximian packages installed. I have
java installed in my mozilla/galeon by a symlink...

ls -alF /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           57 Feb 15 18:57
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/java/jre1.3.1/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so*

However on my woody systems, installing this link, and then going
about:plugins in both mozilla and galeon do not show the plugin as
operational.

Has anyone managed to install a working java plugin into the woody
packages? If so, how?

Secondly, the galeon packages use the blue chrome look scronn bar in
galeon rather than a normal grey scroll bar (But thats just ascthetics).

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington