Re :- 3.0.18 testing needed

Hi,

> > I've uploaded i386 and powerpc boot-floppies to
> > <URL:http://people.debian.org/~aph/debian/dists/woody/main/>.
>
> How fortuitous :-)
>
> I was about 20 minutes into a 3.0 build, so I've stopped and
> am now downloading the new stuff.  I'm currently downloading
> bf-images-1.44_3.0.18_i386.tar.gz and I will not be able to install

Replying to my own messages here :-)

It BSOD'd :-(

The current version on the main debian site worked OK, this set boots
and prompts me for the root disk.  Insert the root disk & hit return...

	Then a load of modprobes that look as if they fail - it's a bit
	quick :-o

Finally the screen goes blue.  You do get a slight flicker, as if the
install is refreshing the screen.  I think something has gone into an
infinite loop :-(

ALT-F2 brings up the "Please press enter to activate this console"

message then the screen goes blue again.  Then we appear to be in a 4
second cycle with the above message in white on a blue screen for two
seconds, and then just a blue screen for two seconds.  Hitting enter
brings up the "You are running ash..." message which is there
for a short period then we go back into our four second loop.

Hitting enter agai brings up the ash message.

Hitting return on the main screen has no effect :-(

Beyond this, all I'm left with is the TFS.

Hardware :-

Dell Poweredge 2300
PII 400MHZ (I think!!) processor
256M Ram

Downloaded :-

	bf-images-1.44_3.0.18_i386.tar.gz

used the standard rescue and root images from ./images-1.44

Regards,

Dave
mail/debian/testing/2001-12-15_02.tx                   debian-testing
                                                       adam@onshore-devel.com
| Dave Restall,       IIRC Limited, PO Box 46, Skelton, Cleveland, TS12 2GT. |
| Tel. +44 (0) 1287 653003 Mob. +44 (0) 7973 831245 Fax. +44 (0) 1287 652546 |
| email : dave@iirc.net       dave@restall.net     Web : http://www.iirc.net |
| Today you'll start getting heavy metal radio on your dentures.             |