Just another successful Slinkupgrade

I run an intranetserver at work as a sort of Linux DEMO
just to show what can be done. This server hosts lot's
of Linux/xxBSD propaganda and links to appropriate
websites.

This server doesn't have any Xsever installed. Samba isn't
either installed.

It runs Apache, Wu-ftpd, SSH, SSLTelnet ... This Fujitsu
Pentium 166 computer doesn't have keyboard or monitor attached,
so an upgrade can be an exiting experience.

The upgrade was made from a Debian mirror located on the same
machine via ftp. Yes the file /etc/apt/sources.list starts with
'deb ftp://pingo.....' Where 'pingo' is the name of this server.

I logged in via SSH and runned apt-get update / apt-get upgrade.
All went very well, I didn't have to restart any services.

The only issue is that SSLtelnet didn't work properly. After
uninstalling/reinstalling SSLtelnet it worked perfectly.

Then I updated the kernel to 2.2.14 (Debian stock kernel) and
brr..  rebooted. The server came back to full life and works
as expected.

This was the most painless upgrade I have ever done. My worst
complaint is that I had to destroy 295 days of uptime when
upgrading the kernel. Guess I should file a kernel bug report
just for fun since it is such an emotional trauma to reboot.

//Gunnar Isaksson