Re: Slink Readiness?

"EXT AVS; Brian White" wrote:

> Hi, guys!
>
> What is your judgement about the releaseabliity if Slink?
>
>                                           Brian
>                                   ( bcwhite@pobox.com )

>                     No man dies except he who has not lived.

I am using slink on three i386 based computers. One of them is a server with
Apache and Wu-ftp-academ. However I have not used slink on any notebook so I
can't
have any opinions on such hardware.

Except for the XFree86- 3.3.2.3a-9 problem (It's fixed now), my impression is
that
slink installs and works very well on all my computers (Intel P5 processors). I
have
not experienced any strange behavour and have never needed to force a reboot.
Slink
is the best Debian release I have ever tested.

I wouldn't become upset if slink would be released as is today. On the contrary
this would be a good thing so the developers can move on to potato with
gnulibc-2.1
and the 2.2.x series of kernels.

Gunnar Isaksson