Re: Fwd: Debian on Linux-SH4

On 1/11/22 5:41 AM, Robert Święcki wrote:
>> Then run "./debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage" on the target system.
>>
>> If your qemu-user is properly set up to use binfmt (which is currently not the case on my
>> system), you can omit the "--foreign" option and get a ready-to-boot chroot for Debian sh4.
>
> Thanks, I guess I did it the hard way then (through the debian-installer) :)

I have a todo item to create a musl-based debian image for sh4. Do either of you
have an idea what the procedure for that might look like? :)

I've got sh4 musl cross and native compilers built from musl-cross-make, and
have built a bootable kernel and toybox-based initramfs for sh4
(https://landley.net/toybox/downloads/binaries/mkroot/latest/sh4.tgz) but don't
really know what to do about the debian parts of it. (debootstrap is all about
installing prebuilt binary packages...)

Rob