Re: gcc compile farm machines down?

On 01/05/2024 15:25, Zach van Rijn wrote:

On Tue, 2024-04-30 at 22:06 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, 2024-04-29 at 22:09 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

Does anyone know what the current status of these machines
is, or if there are any alternatives available?

The old SPARC T5 porterbox died due to hardware issues and so
far we have been unable to replace it. I don't have any
possibilities to host a SPARC server for that, however
Zach van Rijn (CC'ed) is planning to help replace the T5 with
a working one.

This is still in progress; I have the machine next to me now and
I should be able to set it up and get it back online this week
if there are no issues. I just haven't found the time to finish.

It's a T5-2 with 512GB memory and a handful of NVMe disks.
Details will be passed around once configured, and there should
be capacity to adjust once I have a better idea of usage.

Fantastic, that's great news! Thanks for the update, Adrian and Zach.

ATB,

Mark.