Re: Install debian sparc64 with a hdd/ssd as source

On 7/12/22 8:15 AM, Connor McLaughlan wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> i had mixed results for now with the installation on a T1000 using the
> dd'ed netinstall iso.
>
> All went seemingly well until suddenly some files on the debian
> mirrors could not be found and i had to ignore it and went with a base
> system.
> The message was "Downloading a file failed" during the step "Configure
> the package manager".

I'm not sure how to fix that. As I recall, the default location for the
mirrors worked the last time I installed Debian SID.

I'm using this now for my /etc/apt/sources.list:

# binary default
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unstable main
deb http://incoming.ports.debian.org/buildd/ unstable main
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ unreleased main

# contrib and non-free arch:all packages (i.e. firmware)
deb [arch=all] http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable contrib non-free

# source
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
deb-src http://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd/ buildd-unstable main

> Then at the end it could not install grub to the target hdd. Message
> was "The 'grub-ieee1275' package failed to install into /target/.
>
> How can i find the cause of it and manually correct it and install
> grub from the rescue system?

I use SILO, so I'm not able to help. I did test a default installation a
few months ago that included GRUB, and that worked on my Ultra-30.

Adrian usually asks which installation CD you are using and for a copy
of the installation log.