Re: Missing dirmngr after fresh install

Hi Adrian,

>> 6) First problem: gpg --recv-keys operation fails due to missing dirmngr:
>>
>> gpg: failed to start the dirmngr '/usr/bin/dirmngr': No such file or directory
>
> An alternative way would have been:
>
> # apt-get -o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until=false update
> # apt-get install debian-ports-archive-keyring
> # apt-get update

Thanks! I was a bit unsure what's the best approach with an unofficial port.
I'll do one more clean install, either as above or with the keyring package
manual download option Adrian Davey mentioned.

>> Also, what repos should be used for ZFS packages?
>
> You will need to build zfs-linux from source yourself as the package is part of
> contrib only and therefore not available in debian-ports by default [1]. I could
> just build the package for sparc64 and upload it to "unreleased" though if
> people
> actually need zfs-linux on sparc64.

On my part it's more nice-to-have than a requirement.

Again, really nice that these builds are available. If things seem stable I will
reinstall two additional squeeze (sparc) hosts as sparc64. And naturally enable
popcon to support the effort towards an official port status.

Cheers,
Jukka