Re: binutils gold linker

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Knut Petter Ølberg <kpolberg@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yeah, gold has a dependency on bfd. But the sequence I suggested
>> definitely works:
>>
> So I have to build bfd first (couldn't find it in the repos...)?

As you see in the sequence there are two  configure && make calls

   mkdir binutils-build && cd binutils-build
   ../binutils-gdb/configure && make -j8

#  ^^^^^^^^^ this ones builds bfd and some other stuff

  mkdir gold && cd gold
  ../../binutils-gdb/gold/configure && make check-TESTS

# ^^^^^^^^ and this one  builds gold and runs the tests.

But as Frans wrote, the tests are passing. We have to construct a more
complex test case.
I tried building helloworld.c with bfd and gold, and they both work.

So the bug must be really not that obvious as I hoped.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

SPARC and PPC PReP under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu