SOLVED: sparc64 compiling openjdk-6: fails with "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljvm"

Dear List

The sparc64 chroot I've setup with debootstrap did have a directory
/usr/lib64 instead of a symlink /usr/lib64 -> /usr/lib - at least I
believe, there should be a symlink. In any case as I corrected this, the
compiling proceeded.

If it is correct, that /usr/lib64 must be a symlink to /usr/lib, which
package is responsible for creating this link? Or is debootstrap
responsible for this?

Best regards, Adrian.

Adrian Zaugg wrote, on 02/23/2011 04:26 PM:
> Dear List
>
> I have a Java application that needs ~25GB of RAM and ist should run on
> Debian sparc64. Since it doesn't work with gcj (the app silently exits),
> I wanted to compile openjdk-6 resp. the JRE of it, since I haven't found
> a binary openjdk version for sparc64.

  ETH Zürich
  Adrian Zaugg, HIL F 51.3
  Institut für Verkehrsplanung