Re: problem to install on Blade 1000

Op 29-01-2008 om 11:25 schreef a.m.:

> Hi all. I need to recover an installation in which there is a mistake and
> it doesn't boot.
> I decided to install a small debian on a partition on my blade 1000,
> using boot net.
> Two years ago I installed the system with boot net. This time it doesn't
> work and my blade deen't find the disk. I know that the
> problem in qlogic, but I don'remember how to solve it.
> I used "Debian install on SUN Blade 1000" but when I try: modprobe qlogicfc
> system say that doesn't exist.

My guess is that the kernel module is renamed.
You might find the new name with

  ls /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/scsi/ql*

then "modprobe" the module without the path and the .ko

> Con you help me to solve my problem?
> Alternatively, when appears silo promp What instruction I've to give it to
> start:
> vmlinuz
> initrd
> root partition
>
> What is the correct manner to give these instruction?

The setup of silo is done fine by debian-installer,
if you have to setup silo, something else went wrong.
(like a disk controllor not being found)

Futher: I think it is a good thing to file an installation report
for your computer,
see http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.sparc/ch05s03.html#problem-report
for more information. Especial because you want that the next install
is even smoother.

Cheers
Geert Stappers