Re: Debian on T2000?

On 4/2/06, Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Alexis Rondeau wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I hope this is the right mailinglist to ask if it is possible to install
> Debian Sarge on a Sun T2000 ( https://www.sun.com/T2000), which currently is
> sporting Solaris.

No, it is currently not possible, since the support for T2000 appeared
only recently, and is scheduled to be included in mainstream kernel
2.6.17. Once it is released, Debian will support this machine, but only
in unstable, unless someone will care to do the backporting of the new
kernel to sarge. To the best of my knowledge currently only Ubuntu
sparc port has support for T2000, since they have merged the required
patches into their kernel already.

Best regards,

Hi Juri!

Thanks for pointing out the boundaries! How/where are the efforts for the development of support for the T2000s documented - so that I can check in on the progress?

Cheers,

Alexis

Jurij Smakov                                         jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                   KeyID: C99E03CC