Re: X on ultra sparc 30

I found a script on the net somewhere called video_detect, and it turns out that the right driver was sunffb.  Worked great under woody, but when I upgraded to testing, the driver was no longer available,  After some work/time, I was able to grab the right drivers from the unstable branch, and get it working, however ended up having troubles with keyboard and mouse as well.  A little work get them going too, and now all seems well.  Maybe this issue should be dealt with a little better in the stable and testing branches. Or I suppose it is being dealt with.  Im not much of a coder or I would offer some assistance, but I am certainly willing to be a tester.

Anyways, all seems to be working quite well, not sure if this card supports dri or not, but thats not really an issue since this machine's purpose is going to be a postgresql server running sql-ledger and apache2.   I appreciate all help again in getting this going? Should this be submitted as a bug somewhere? or maybe it already has been.

Sincerely thanks for all help,
Jeff Maples

On 7/15/06, Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:
In article <[🔎] ba3c73820607131433r4568805cr601a4b559774e6d1@mail.gmail.com"> [🔎] ba3c73820607131433r4568805cr601a4b559774e6d1@mail.gmail.com> you write:
> have a Sun Ultra 30 creator with a strange graphics card. I have been head
>over heals trying to figure out what it is.

[Please disable html in your mail program.  It makes the messages
larger and harder to read.]

Could it be a (surprise) creator graphics card?

Is it in one of the two UPA slots rather than one of the PCI slots?

Does it have a 13w3 connector or hd15?

What is the part number? (look for a number starting with 502 or 302,
the part number is 502-xxxx (It may have more digits or letter suffix,
ignore those.)

Most likely it is some varient of a creator or elite graphics card.
These all use the sunffb driver, but some of them require afbinit to
be run first.

--
Blars Blarson                   blarson@blars.org
                                http://www.blars.org/blars.html