Re: Bus error with new version of firefox

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 amadesani@libero.it wrote:

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 10:33:48AM +0200, Admar Schoonen wrote:
I have exactly the same problem on my blade 100. It's running a fairly current
sid with custom kernel 2.6.9. It's not only a problem for firefox though, since
it occurs with galeon too. Epiphany 1.8.3-4 and mozilla-browser 2:1.7.12-1.1
work fine.

Bug 354725 describes the problem. As far as I know, no fix is known yet.

Thanks Admar, It's a sad situation :(
With the previous version of firefox I haven't the problem. But I'm not
able to find that release..... and I've cleaned /var/cache/apt/archives ....
If anyone can help, I thank in advance ;)

To add to the oddities of this, it chashes on the default page which is http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/updated. Also I see broken dependencies, like trying to install mozilla-firefox says it needs version 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.1-3 of firefox (which is available in i386).

So, AFAIK, the problem is that firefox is not correctly updated for SPARC.

This is a real problem for me. I also have to deal with not been able to start the 2.6.x kernel for SPARC due to some problem with udev, which gives a kernel panic in the boot.

SWF is another aplication which gives problems on SPARC (I had to downgrade to stable as the testing version hanged my firefox).

Also KDE is totally broken in SPARC testing. Apps start, but crashes for some unknown reason. Thsi happens with apps that go from kmail or konqueror to klipper and knotes.

I hope we can get these issues solve quickly.

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18
Lic. Martín Marqués | SELECT 'mmarques' || Centro de Telemática | '@' || 'unl.edu.ar';