Re: Does anyone have software RAID 1 mirroring of / set up on Sparc?

On Tue,  4 Apr 2006 11:50:53 +0100, Ashley Hooper wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi. Please don't start a new thread by replying to an existing one.

> I've been struggling with this for the last few days but no matter
> what I do I cannot get a mirrored root filesystem on my V240.
> Generally what happens is that SILO refuses to boot from the partition
> as soon as it's changed to type 'fd' (RAID autodetect).  Other times
> it starts to boot but only gets as far as single user mode and then
> cannot mount root properly.

It is quite tricky to get right. You might find this old post (about
setting up Sarge with root on RAID-1 on my Netra) helpful:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2005/07/msg00143.html

S.