Re: disk size mismatch issue during install on ultra1

On Monday 25 April 2005 08:24, foo_bar_baz_boo-deb@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hopefully the D-I people on this list will be able to explain what
> device names your disks might be using, or you can reverse engineer it
> from the install screens.

D-I uses devfs, so all device names follow the devfs standard.
First there are the real devices under /dev/ide/... and /dev/scsi/...
Next, devfs creates symlinks to these real devices under /dev/discs/...
and /dev/cdroms/...

D-I mostly uses these symlinks, although at several stages of the
installation the devfs device names are "translated" to the
usual /dev/[hs]dX names for configuration of the new system.

Cheers,
FJP