Re: updating openboot environment

Jon Biddell wrote:

Just out of interest, what did it cost you for the second CPU ? I'm looking at upgrading mine to two CPUs, but SUN want arms, legs and other body parts for the second processor.

I bought two old Sunblade 1000 with single 750Mhz cpu from a company
in Brussels, and put all RAM, HDD and CPU in one box.

Did you ever have any problems with the fans ? Mine seems to fire them up full-speed after the POST, and leave them there, when under Solaris they seem to drop to a more managable (quieter) level).

Same here! With Solaris 8 the box is a lot quieter!
(I installed it yesterday...)

Also, what keyboard type did you use in X ? I'm using a Type 6 keyboard and X seems to recognise it as something wierd.

I don't use X (at least not on the sunblade).

cheers,
pol :)

--
Geef verstoten dieren een thuis: http://www.dierenasieltienen.be