Re: Sun SS20/ Etch network problem

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 06:19:21PM +0100, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> Try to do 'modprobe lance' to load the module, then if it works you
> should see your card in 'dmesg | grep eth'

Wouldn't that be sunlance rather than lance ?

The driver module is called sunlance under 2.4 kernels, and I don't see it
having changed in 2.6.

Anyway like Emmanuel wrote, your network card driver is not loaded, hence no
network. When it loads you'll see it in dmesg, in /proc/net/dev, in the
output of "/sbin/ifconfig -a" or "/sbin/ip addr show", etc... .

-Nicolas Dade