Re: please review alsaconf patch

On Monday 31 October 2005 14:11, Martin Habets wrote:
> +	/sbin/modprobe -a -l | grep 'snd-sun-' | \

Hmmm. Is "-a -l" correct for modprobe? -l is supposed to list modules, -a
to insert (load) them...
I doubt that the intention here is to try to actually load all modules
available on the system, so why "-a"? Or am I missing something?

From the manpage, -l takes a wildcard, thus why not just use
  modprobe -l snd-sun-*
?

Also from the manpage it looks like both the -a and the -l options are
deprecated and using something like
  find /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/ -name "snd-sun-*"
is suggested instead.

Cheers,
FJP