PCI USB card & Sun Ultra 5 => hangs on boot

Hi:

Inspired by some of the earlier messages on this list I bought a
cheapo PCI USB card (VIAUSB20 VIA VT6212) and plugged it into my Sun
Ultra 5.

Unfortunately this causes the machine to completely hang with a blank
screen on boot.  Does anyone know how to even go about diagnosing
this?  I can't even hit [Stop]+A - the only thing that happens is the
disks spin up, then it hangs solid.  Are there any jumpers on the
motherboard I could try modifying?

Rich.

MAKE+ is a sane replacement for GNU autoconf/automake. One script compiles,
RPMs, pkgs etc. Linux, BSD, Solaris. http://www.annexia.org/freeware/makeplus/