Re: quanta / kde bug?

On 06.04.2004   15:54 Euan Maxwell wrote:
Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not then I
apologise and if someone can advise me of the correct place, I'll post
there.

I use Quanta regularly for some php work that I do and it was recently
upgraded by apt-get.

I fired it up today for the first time in a while and as soon as I typed
in the editor screen, the application just crashes.

The KCrash application didn't yield any decent output so I did an strace
on the application; the output of which is at the end of this email.

The only other thing worth noting is that I have a few packages that
have been "held back" by apt-get, I'm not sure why they're held back or
whether they might effect the operation of quanta:

sparc:~# apt-get -u dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
  kdeaddons x-window-system-core xlibmesa-gl-dev xlibmesa-glu-dev
xlibmesa3
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.

what does
$ apt-get install xlibmesa-gl-dev

show ?

  - Christian