Re: Blade150 and sarge bugs...

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:50:54 +0200
Marco Gaiarin <gaio@sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> Mandi! Christian Guggenberger
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > > Confirmation also on my Sun Blade 100 :-( any solutions yet ?
> > > Framebuffer device still works perfectly but X fails to start in any way ....
>
> i don't know your case, but for my Blade 150 X seems to work perfectly,
> only produce some signals that make the monitor go out of sync.
> I've not X failure or something like this, as you can see...
>

> > Do you have XFree86.0.log handy?
>
> ...in the xfree log that i've posted, x start well, there's no error at
> all. ;(

So here we go, in attach you can find my XF86Config en XFree86.0.log generated by trying to start
that config file, tried changing various things like resolution from 1152x864 to 640x480, using fbdev,
not using fbdev, 24 bit depth, 16 bit depth, 24 bit depth, all results in a nice hopping Sync Out of Range

The screen is a generic 17 inc sun screen which works perfectly (1152x800 framebuffer) and  I've tested it as
a second screen on another machine at 1280x1024@75Hz-32 (If i'm not mistaken), everything worked fine until
and XFree upgrade (running unstable ;-) ).

The only x related i've been able to do is running xf86cfg which opens a screen at 640x480@60Hz but the odd
thing is the window opens but no buttons are drawn and no text is visible (I don't know if the problems are
related)

For more information just reply ....

greetings
Elie De Brauwer

--
Elie De Brauwer
http://www.de-brauwer.be

Hope is the worst of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of a man...
--Friedrich Nietzsche--