Re: E10000 available for development (trying to)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Ben Collins wrote:

> Yeah, I saw this bug back when I was first testing larger kernel support
> with silo. Seems to be a kernel bug. That migration thread starting has
> a static completion struct declared in the function, and it passes that
> to the new thread. The function then waits on it, and when the thread
> starts it runs complete() on that struct. That info never gets back to
> the main wait though.

I can fetch the full logs from the SSPLOGGER in case.. tho they are a bit
dirty but hey.. better than nothing. In any case now smp kernel can boot
but i have problems mounting the nfs root. Perhaps you can enlight me on
that as well.

rarpd/tftpd and nfs exports are correctly configured but the kernel
doesn't even try to mount the root (i can see that from tcpdump).

I compiled the rarpd and the root_nfs inside the kernel but i keep
getting:

VFS: Cannot open root device "nfs" or unknown-block(0,255)
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,255)
 <0>Press L1-A to return to the boot prom

I tried these options at boot:

boot net -p root=/dev/nfs devfs=nomount nfsroot=213.159.188.2:/e10k
ip=213.159.188.72:213.159.188.2::213.159.188.1:255.255.254.0:netra:eth0:rarp

with several combinations. mounting devfs, with(out) ip and with(out)
rarp, using also off and try manual config.

rarpd/tftp/nfs server is at .2
e10k is at .72 (host netra)

Let say this is the last showstopper for me atm... given that after
mounting / the system can recongnize the console.

Thanks!
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.