Re: New sparc-mini.iso for Debian installs...

Hello,

> FWIW, I did get the Illegal Instruction problem after Loading Ramdisk on the
> new iso you pointed to.

Same for me: always "Illegal Instruction" on my Ultra 10.

> I saw in an earlier thread that boot cdrom /boot/sparc64 would get around
> this, and it did, but now it's looking for the root disk, and I don't have a
> floppy drive in this machine :(.

Also same for me: this load the linux kernel, and then first try to find
root fs on NFS, and then on the floppy disk.

I also have try to load the kernel /boot/sparc64 from the welcome prompt
with:

/boot/sparc64 initrd=/dists/stable/main/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin

This cause "Illegal Instruction" too. Without the initrd=... parameter,
this cause the kernel searching the root fs.

I think we don't have "Illegal Instruction" with only /boot/sparc64
because it doesn't load the ramdisk.

Hope this help.

		Olivier
--