From: John Hedge [mailto:john@hedge.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 10:26 PM
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: mangle error using Shorewall v 1.4.5 on kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4-sun4u

I?ve installed Shorewall on my Ultra1 running Woody (2.4.18-bf2.4-sun4u).

I?m getting the following error message when I try to start Shorewall:

?can't initialize iptables table `mangle': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be updated.?

(The version of iptables is the latest for Woody; i.e. 1.2.6a-5)

Is iptables built into this kernel or do I need to insmod or is there another issue underlying this error message?

Thanks,

John