Re: [DebToo-Devel] Some benchmarks from using apt-fu + modified pentium-builder

Heitzso wrote:

Current debian unstable ssl (libssl and openssl) is 0.9.7c-5
Could you upgrade using 'apt-build install libssl0.9.7'
and let me know what happens?  I assume
'apt-build install openssl' is equivalent in that both
work against the same source files and build setup.
Thanks.

I am pleased to learn about apt-build. Didn't know that such a thing existed in Debian. Unfortunately I cannot get apt-build to work on my box for the time being (...guess I have too many config changes behind apt's back.....)

As the box in question currently serves as my router/firewall, I cannot afford to take it down for the necessary changes right now.

I should be able to check whether apt-build of libssl0.9.7 will provide a speedup simular to the one I experienced when building openssl0.9.7b manually (with -O2 -mv8) when I have my other Sun box in operation 1-2 weeks from now.

Best Regards,

Michael Andersen