Re: [DebToo-Devel] Re: libssl0.9.7 build fails sparc32

Quick side note question .... I'm following Chris's suggested sequence
to double check the libssl0.9.7 package.  I ran
   apt-get source libssl0.9.7
and the openssl package downloads.  I jump into the openssl-blat
directory (since only one created) and run 'dpkg-buildpackage' and
the messages that pop up on the screen reference the openssl
package and not the libssl package.

I assume libssl0.9.7 debian package will get built along with
openssl out of this sequence?   I'll know the answer when
the build finishes but that will be several hours from now
and if I'm doing something wrong I'd like to correct now.

Thanks!

Chris de Vidal wrote:

In essense, I'd first see if it's just a package build problem, separate from apt-build. Run apt-get source foo, cd into foo-1.2.3, run dpkg-buildpackage and if that works you'll have a .deb in ../ If that fails also, contact the upstream author.

As I understand it, apt-build is pretty much just a wrapper for those steps.

I'm glad you're having at least some success, though! I've not had the time to piddle with it this month like I wanted.

/dev/idal

Heitzso wrote:

I haven't studied the guts of what's going on.  I'm just reporting
what happens with apt-build on 32 bit sparc (mv8) system.

Please let me know if there's some test or system check
I should run to help clarify this problem.

BTW, otherwise apt-build tends to work (I've used to
build/install maybe a dozen packages since reinstalling
deb unstable on this box).

===
Ben Collins wrote:

=====
chmod 700 debian/openssl/etc/ssl/private
dh_fixperms -X etc/ssl/private
dh_perl
dh_shlibdeps -l`pwd` -Xlibssl.so
/usr/bin/ldd: line 1: /lib64/ld-linux.so.2: cannot execute binary file
dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: ldd on `debian/libssl0.9.7/usr/lib/v9/libcrypto.so.0.9.7' gave error exit status 1
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 256
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1

Why is debian/libssl0.9.7/usr/lib/v9/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 64-bit? If it
is, then that's the problem.