Re: [debian-sparc] Update on mplayer support for Linux/SPARC

Hi,

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Antonello wrote:

> after further investigation, I collected some (I hope) interesting bugs
> in mplayer for Sparc under Debian/Unstable.

I'm running Debian/Stable, but I compiled Mplayer 1.0pre1 from an Unstable
deb-src, and I tested it on a Divx film on my Ultra2 with a Creator3D.

> Mplayer-1.0pre1
> Crashes badly when opening video streams using the X11 driver on 24-bit
> framebuffers (both the ATI/PGX and the Creator FFB2+ that I own). If the
> PGX is set to 16 bit, video is rendered correctly. Using SDL driver,
> video is rendered correcly on the PGX, and with wrong colors on the
> Creator FFB2+. mplayer is compiled with mlib support.

I run X in 24 bits, and I use the x11 driver (no other available for me).
The colors were wrong at the first times, but it suddenly "fell working"
(I wanted to fast forward my movie, so I used the -idx command line
switch, and suddenly the colors were good).

Now, even if I don't specify the -idx switch, or if I call gmplayer, the
colors are still good. I'll shut down X and restart it to see if something
changed.

How can I say if mplayer was compiled with mlib support? Will a 'ldd
/usr/bin/mplayer' show something, or is something loaded at runtime?

--
Erwann ABALEA <eabalea@certplus.com> - RSA PGP Key ID: 0x2D0EABD5
-----