Ultra 10 Networking Peculiarity

I've been working with several different Sun systems and I am stuck with a
problem of not being able to netboot an Ultra 10 system and have it
autoconfigure its Network settings from a BOOTP server.  (It does netboot
Ben's install image with the initrd, but that is not what I am trying to
do!)

I am able to boot with ip=bootp without trouble on several other systems
(SS5, U1, U5, B100).  My kernels that I use to boot the others (which I
compiled including CONFIG_IP_PNP, CONFIG_IP_PNP_BOOTP, and CONFIG_ROOT_NFS)
did not work, and neither did other kernels that I compiled with different
options disabled (like usb, scsi).

Looking at the wire with tcpdump, there are no bootp request messages
even getting sent out by the system, before it tries to mount the
default NFS-Root (which does show up on the wire).

And looking at the boot messages, it appears that the bootp settings are
defined before the eth0 is even up.

Can anyone tell me what is different about a Ultra 10 that prevents it
from working properly like the Ultra 5 that I have working properly.

Thanks,

Austin Murphy
----
Student Systems Programmer