official 2.4 debs for sun4cdm (was: Re: kernel 2.4.x on sun4c)

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 21:52:17 -0400,
Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> Because kernel 2.4.x is not stable on sun4cdm yet. You've noted that
> already :)

actually, 2.4.19 was behaving quite well on my SS20 (even in SMP mode)
and LX. i'm running the dual-SS20 as my two-headed desktop, and it works
better with 2.4 than with 2.2 (there were issues with the mouse that the
kernel-upgrade solved). and the 2.4.20-pre11 image from rob seems to have
fixed the last outstanding annoyance (problems with swap on SMP kernels).
as far as i can tell from my desktop and firewall, 2.4.current on sun4cdm
is no worse than on i386.

could we please start to reevaluate the '2.4 is bad for sun4cdm' mantra
and actually give 2.4 a chance?

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig@cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.