Re: Postgresql and 64bit types...

Yeah, thanks... I'm not very familiar with configure so I didn't know to look there first.

checking whether long int is 64 bits... no
checking whether long long int is 64 bits... no

configure:7610: checking whether long long int is 64 bits
configure:7648: gcc -o conftest -O2 conftest.c -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lcrypt -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -lm 1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 7619 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
typedef long long int int64;

/*
 * These are globals to discourage the compiler from folding all the
 * arithmetic tests down to compile-time constants.
 */
int64 a = 20000001;
int64 b = 40000005;

int does_int64_work()
{
  int64 c,d;

  if (sizeof(int64) != 8)
    return 0;                   /* definitely not the right size */

  /* Do perfunctory checks to see if 64-bit arithmetic seems to work */
  c = a * b;
  d = (c + b) / b;
  if (d != a+1)
    return 0;