sparc 5 booting from disk difficulty

    With everyone's help, I've managed to get Debian installed on my
sparc5.  My remaining problem is that I can't figure out how to boot from
the hard-disk.  Booting from the kernel on the floppy seems to be ok.  I
think that I haven't told openboot where to find silo.conf but don't know
how to do that.  I've tried a variety of things but am sort-of stabbing in
the dark.  When I power-up I get

Boot device: /iommu/sbus/ledma@5,8400010/le@5,8c00000 File and args:
Automatic network cable selection succeeded : Using TP Ethernet Interface

it pauses here until I ctrl-a.  I can then type "boot disk" and get to a
boot: prompt but from here I'm stuck.  The obvious things linux, vmlinuz,
etc don't work.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thank you again,

  Kris Bergstrom