Re: [OT?] "no such file or directory" bash etc (was Re: Solaris emulation in 2.4.19)

Tim Ellis <Tim.Ellis@gamet.com> writes:

> Hmmm. Your environment is different than mine? DebianWoody for
> SPARC? My Mandrake9/Intel & DebianWoody/SPARC give the same
> behaviour I quote here:

It's the same on my system, but that's not what I showed.  I wouldn't
expect Bash to check the ELF .interp section (assuming the emulation
actually uses that, which I don't know) and if it did without knowing
about /usr/gnemul, it would be misleading.

> Also, when reproducing the error closer to how you did it (ie:
> shared lib not available,

I took out the runtime linker, not a library.

> As for the original topic, it is clear that "cat" couldn't find a
> library it expected.

Not to me, hence the example in case the OP was misled in debugging
attempts.