RE : Problems installing Debian on SunBlade100

Hi,

> I've been trying to install Debian on SunBlade 100 UltraSparc machine.
> I've used ISO image available from
> http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/netinst.iso as
well
> as tried tftp method (with various files from auric) but i can't get
past
>  Booting Linux
> message there is simply nothing else printed on screen. I've searched
> throu ML archives but were unable to find any solution.

You probably have an Expert3d-lite graphic card in your Blade 100. As
there is neither FrameBuffer support in the kernel nor X driver for this
card, you will have to remove it and use the built-in ATI Mach64.
If it does still not work try passing "ide=nodma" to the kernel (at SILO
prompt type "linux ide=nodma"). This is because some DVD drives on Blade
100 seem to dislike DMA mode.

Olivier Hochreutiner
olivier.hochreutiner@epfl.ch

 I've been trying to install Debian on SunBlade 100 UltraSparc machine.
I've used ISO image available from
http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/netinst.iso as
well
as tried tftp method (with various files from auric) but i can't get
past
 Booting Linux
message there is simply nothing else printed on screen. I've searched
throu
ML archives but were unable to find any solution.
 Could someone be so kind and help with this?
 (please CC: me on answers as i'm not on the list at this moment)

 TIA
--
 Eboreg Enzvrtn | wrqv@cyhxjn.arg  IRC: _Jedi_  | Do not underestimate
 Use ROT-13 =o) | http://gaciale.plukwa.net/    | the power of  Source