Re: Installing Woody on Ultra 1 - hangs after root floppy inserted

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:13:49PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

[cut]

> Ok. Well, I've never tested the floppy booting, because I don't have a
> machine capable of doing it. So if someone willing wants to fiddle
> around with the boot-floppies package (particularly the part that
> creates the rescue disk, which is where it gets the options for the
> initrd, and other things) then feel free to do so.

On my Ultra1 I installed woody a while ago (still with 2.4.10). I
also installed a 2.4.18 kernel on it and whenever I want to use a
floppy (using mtools or so), the machine completely freezes. So I
think it's rather a kernel problem than a boot floppies problem.

armijn