Re: Please build libwww 5.4.0 on ext2 for sparc

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 09:00:13PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> The sparc build daemon doesn't use ReiserFS.  In fact, AFAIK none of
> the buildds do.

What does the sparc buildd use? ext2, ext3, ..?

I wish I knew what the problem was. I'm taking care in my debian/rules
to touch all the Makefile.ins that get patched by the diff, so I can't
see how the usual "diff changed timestamps" problem could happen here.

On my machine, the ReiserFS failure vs. ext2 success is fully
reproducable.

> a) there's only one ia64 build machine - caballero, b) neither caballero
> nor merulo use ReiserFS.

OK. libwww was compiled twice, though, and the first time it failed
with the "cannot find the library `../src/libwwwtrans.la'" message,
the second time it succeeded.

Do you know what was changed on the machine inbetween? I'd be very
interested to know that!

Cheers,

  Richard

--