Ethernet Cards and MAC Addresses

I realize this is more of a hardware than debian software question, but I
was hoping someone on the list has run into this before:

I have an SBus ethernet card (Coax/AUI combo) in a Sarc Classic, and I
recently noticed that the MAC address for both cards is the same....I
installed the same card in my SS20, and again the SBus card has the MAC
address of the MB port.

Luckily, I have the two ports on different networks so there is no
conflict, but I was wondering if this is normal behavior?

--David