Re: Java plugin (was Re: help with sparc boot-floppies bugs?)

On 4 Feb 2002, Joel Michael wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 18:24, Thomas J. Zeeman wrote:
> > PS Does anyone know of a working java-plugin for mozilla .9.7?
>
> The one that comes with Netscape 6.x works with mozilla (and galeon), at
> least on i386.  I don't know if you'd find one for sparc, maybe you
> could persuade the Solaris/SPARC version of NS6's plugin to work for
> you?

That's just the problem. That plugin comes from Sun's JRE for i386.
The latest JRE/Java2SDK for Sparc/Linux I could find is blackdown's 1.3.0
FCS (apparently they're working on the sparc-port of 1.3.1; 'in a few
weeks' someone said in october on a ml).
The plugin in that JRE is so broken it crashes mozilla on startup.
(Missing a file in jre/lib.) Somehow the coders of blackdown don't get
mozilla working ok so they've not yet provided a recompiled version of
that plugin :(.

regards,
Thomas
--

	- Trap eens wat vaker naar je baas: neem de fiets