Re: help with sparc boot-floppies bugs?

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 10:49:42PM -0800, David Kimdon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a few sparc specific boot-floppies bugs over here on
> debian-boot.  If any sparc people can take a look, give hints or help
> it would be a great help.
>
> [sparc] network boot broken for sun4u
>  ( http://bugs.debian.org/107591 )

Fixed already. Was a tilo bug.

> [sparc] inittab not modified for serial console
>  ( http://bugs.debian.org/122142 )

The tty1 messages are the base-config thingie, trying to start on tty1.
This is bad and isn't sparc specific (just serial console specific).

The serial getty should be enabled. It used to be (I always do serial
console installs to test boot-floppies on sun4u). So if it's broken,
just check the logic for the created inittab file. There should be a T0
line that gets uncommented if a serial console install is detected.

> DNS names does not resolve on sparc
>  ( http://bugs.debian.org/116093)

This isn't sparc specific. If this bug is already fixed, I'd close it,
but it is from October, so I suspect it is long gone. Check the
boot-floppies changelog for references to the problem.

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '