Re: Flashing Ultra OBP

Thanks... I actually searched google (linux ultra sparc flash) and found practically nothing. I'll look again.

Brian Macy

Ben Collins wrote:
On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 08:58:50AM -0800, Brian Macy wrote:

I just noticed the flash module. I don't see any instructions on how to use it (just dd an image?) or on how to extract the image from the sun supplied upgrade executable.

I can't recall where the program is to write flash (I used to have it
around), but you should be able to find it with a google search real
easy. As for extracting an OBP flash from a Sun update, use the attached
program I write awhile back to do exactly that.

This program could probably be done more easily using objdump, but I
like writing code, so here it is.