Re: Sound on Sun Blade 1000

On Sat, 15.12.01 18:44, Peter Jones (pjones@redhat.com) wrote:

> > But why is this sound chip built into the southbridge of the machine,
> > when it will never work? Solaris 8 has no problems in playing
> > sound. How does it do this with a sound card which does not work?
>
> Hrm.  Maybe that one's different from the one the driver writer had then;
> I hadn't realized you were talking about the builtin card.

Does it make sense to comment out these lines and compile again?

Another solution would be that Sun has put two sound chips in that
machine. One which is definitely broken and another, which is
seperately and works. Unfortunately no other sound device is listed in
/proc/pci.

Any suggestions where I could find it?

Thank you,
 Lennart