Re: Kernel 2.4.16

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> Excellent, so you have a work around ~:^)  Seriously, the kernel
> version will only give you better performance (depending on what the
> processor is), and who really needs that?
Performance and security.  Well NFS is insecure anyway and I'm sitting
behind a firewall, but ...

> Anyway, this sounds like
> it could be something as silly as the whitespace character(s) used.
> Can you test for certain what they are on the three lines?  Because
> it seems like the the second two lines are working, soooooo maybe
> you used a tab or two when the kernel server only likes spaces or
> something silly like that.
The lines are formated equally all with spaces (0x20).  And I have to
say that I did many many experiments with those lines.  After deleting
the broken line one other took its place.  It's not that easy. :-(((

> All my machines running 2.4.recent and
> nfs-kernel-server work fine (for me (tm)) and use only spaces.
Perhaps a bug report against nfs-kernel-server in the sense
 'Does not work like nfs-user-server with very same configuration'
is appropriate?  What do you think about that?

Kind regards

         Andreas.