Re: [Re: How to upgrade the OpenBoot version]

As well, if your system is an Ultra-based platform, you can
use Eddie's flash.o kernel module to update your flash from
within Linux.  Take a look at linux/drivers/sbus/char/flash.c
and you'll need the userland application as well from:

        http://vger.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/flashprom/?cvsroot=vger

That said, you will still require an OBP binary image.  If you
have an identical system with a newer OBP version, you can use
this module to dump it to a file and then load it onto the older
system.  Otherwise, perhaps it is possible to extract the OBP
from the Sun-supplied platform patches.

SME has provided floppy images for quite a while that can be used
straight from the OBP to update-- I've not seen such things for
the SMCC platforms, but it certainly would be nice if they exist....

Stephane Monlibert - Sun france - ES - Support Engineer